The Pilot Inn Bar:
A bar is just a bar, right? Well, a very good bar keeps its local cask and real ale beers very well. It has a good range of bottled beer, wines by the glass and bottle of course, and a creditable range of spirits and fortified wines too.
But what makes it all an experience is the service and the friendliness of the welcome. We think we have all of the bases covered. Read what people say and you will realise that a wide range of people find our lovely pub welcoming and friendly. Somehow the ambiance, or vibe just seems…right.
A bar has to have snacks and meals too. Ours can be eaten at the bar, or the comfy bar seating area, with tables and some softer chairs too. Dogs are welcome provided they are accompanied by friendly owners. In fact we have a resident Sussex Spaniel, Bentley, who will often greet guests with a friendly “woof”.
Our lunchtime sandwiches go down well, for those about to set off along the South Downs Way, or others who have already been there. Or just people who want a great bite to eat at a good price:
(All Sandwiches are served with mixed Herb Salad & Coleslaw Available Monday to Saturday, Lunchtimes Only)
- Mature Cheddar Cheese & Country Pickle, Crusty Fresh Bread £5.95
- Crispy Bacon, Melting Brie, Cranberry Compote, Ciabatta £6.50
- Home Cooked Ham, Tomato & English Mustard, Crusty White Bread £6.50
- Prawns and “Marie Rose “Sauce, Crusty Brown Bread £6.95
- Smoked Salmon, Cucumber & Lemon Mayo, Crusty Brown Bread £6.95