Enjoy our garden with summer treats. Eat more formally or just have a bar snack. If you enjoy great food of a consistently high standard using local ingredients where possible, we look forward to seeing you soon.
THE PILOT INN
MENU: SUMMER 2016
- Soup of the day, croutons & bread roll £5 (V)
- Olives, hummus, carrot, cucumber & toasted pita £5 (V)
- Classic prawn cocktail; shredded iceberg lettuce, homemade marie-rose sauce & granary bread: £6
- Goats cheese & caramelised red onion tart, beetroot & mixed leaf salad with a balsamic glaze: £6 (V)
- Warm asparagus, parmesan cream, prosciutto & balsamic oil dressing £7
- Crab & brown shrimp tian, green gazpacho & toasted ciabatta £7
- Crispy fried whitebait, mixed leaf salad, homemade tartare sauce & lemon: £5
- Box-baked camembert, chilli chutney, granary toast (ideal to share): £12 (V)
- Harvey’s beer battered cod, chips, peas, lemon wedge & homemade tartare sauce: £12
- Homemade chargrilled 8oz burger, brioche bun, chips, salad, relish & homemade coleslaw: £12
(extra toppings £1 each; mature cheddar, brie, stilton, bacon, or mushrooms).
- Stacked halloumi, mushroom & tomato burger, brioche bun, chips, salad, relish & homemade coleslaw: £12 (V)
- Caesar salad: £10 (add chicken, bacon or both £1.50/£3)
- Wholetail scampi, chips, peas, lemon & homemade tartare sauce: £10
- Leek & wild mushroom risotto, vine roasted tomatoes & fresh parmesan £11 (V)
- Three butcher’s sausages, creamed mashed potatoes, peas & onion gravy £10
- Salmon, codling, prawn & fresh dill fishcakes, dressed salad & homemade tatare sauce: £11
- Homemade red pepper & mature cheddar quiche, new potatoes, salad & homemade coleslaw £11 (V)
- Pan fried sirloin steak, chips, mushrooms and vine roasted tomatoes £20
- Lemon & herb half roast chicken, new potatoes, salad & homemade coleslaw £11
- Hand-carved Sussex ham, two free-range fried eggs, chips & homemade coleslaw £10
- Pan fried fillet of sea bass, roasted Mediterranean vegetables, new potatoes & basil oil dressing £13
Sides/Extras: Chunky chips, skinny fries, homemade onion rings, seasonal veg, garden salad:
THE PILOT INN
MENU: SUMMER 2016
- Fish/Scampi, chips & peas
- Cheddar & tomato pasta & homemade garlic bread (V)
- Butcher’s sausage, mash & seasonal vegetables
- Chicken nuggets, chips & beans (100% breast meat)
- Grazing plate: Mature cheddar, vine-tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, homemade hummus & toasted pita (V)
Ploughman’s (Available from 12:00-18:00):
- Mixed meat ploughman’s: Traditional British salad & artisan bread with home-cooked ham, butchers sausage & chicken liver pate: £12
- Mixed cheese ploughman’s: Traditional British salad & artisan bread with mature cheddar, brie & stilton: £12 (V)
Sandwiches (Available from 12:00-18:00):
- Home-cooked ham, beer mustard & tomato
- Mature cheddar, cucumber & spiced chutney (V)
- Tuna mayo, red onion & mixed leaves
- Bacon, lettuce, tomato & mayonnaise
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese & mixed leaves
(All sandwiches are served with a side salad & homemade coleslaw. Sandwiches available on farmhouse white, granary bread or rosemary focaccia roll: £6 each.)
PLEASE SEE OUR BOARDS FOR TODAY’S SPECIALS & CHEF’S RECCOMENDATIONS.
PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM TO SEE OUR DESSERT MENU.
OUR TEAM OF CHEFS COOK MODERN BRITISH FOOD FROM SCRATCH & DURING BUSY PERIODS, THERE MAY BE A WAIT FOR FOOD. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.
OUR FOOD IS SOURCED LOCALLY WHERE POSSIBLE.