Spring brings light and warmth and our sheltered garden is great for eating outside in spring time, too.
We have updated our menu too, as you can see below. Come and see us soon, to dine outside, in either of our two restaurant areas, or a cosy bar meal.
Lisa and Simon.
- Soup of the day, croutons & bread roll £5.50 (V)
- Olives, hummus, carrot, cucumber & toasted pita £6 (V)
- Rosemary focaccia bruschetta; cherry vine tomatoes, red onion, basil & mozzarella with basil oil dressing: £7
- Classic prawn cocktail; shredded iceberg lettuce, homemade marie-rose sauce & granary bread: £7
- Goats cheese & caramelised red onion tart, beetroot & mixed leaf salad with a balsamic glaze: £7 (V)
- Crispy duck salad, fennel, peppers, land cress, pea shoots & sesame seeds: £8
- Box-baked camembert, red onion chutney, baked focaccia (ideal to share): £12 (V)
Under 12’s children’s menu (all £7):
- Battered cod/Scampi chips & peas
- Butternut squash, roasted red pepper & spinach lasagne with homemade garlic bread (V)
- Sausage, mash & peas with onion gravy
- Chicken nuggets, chips & beansa
- Grazing plate: mature cheddar, vine tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, homemade hummus & toasted pita (V)
Sandwiches (Available from 12:00-18:00 Monday – Saturday):
- Sussex ham, beer mustard & tomato ]
- Mature cheddar, onion chutney & cucumber
- Tuna mayo, red onion & mixed leaves
- Bacon, lettuce & tomato
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese & mixed leaves
All sandwiches are served with a dressed side salad & homemade coleslaw and are available on farmhouse white, granary bread or baked rosemary focaccia roll: £6.50 each.
- Chunky chips, skinny fries, seasonal vegetables, garden salad: £3 each.
SPRING 2017 Specials
- LOCAL DRESSED CRAB SERVED WITH DRESSED SALAD, NEW POTATOES, GRANARY BREAD & SALTED BUTTER: £13
- SLOW ROASTED CRISPY BELLY OF PORK, POTATO GRATIN, SEASONAL VEGETABLES & HOMEMADE ONION GRAVY: £14 (20 minute cooking time)
- CHAR-GRILLED 10oz ‘BLACKGATE’ SIRLOIN STEAK, CHUNKY CHIPS/SKINNY FRIES, VINE-ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES & MUSHROOMS: £22 ADD PEPPERCORN, BEARNAISE OR BLUE CHEESE SAUCE: £1.50
- CRISPY DUCK SALAD, FENNEL, PEPPERS, LAND CRESS, PEA SHOOTS & SESAME SEEDS: £14
- HOMEMADE CORIANDER & LIME CRAB-CAKES SERVED WITH SKINNY FRIES, DRESSED SALAD & SWEET CHILLI SAUCE: £13
- THREE CHEESE PLOUGHMAN;S (TAW VALLEY CHEDDAR, FRENCH BRIE & CROPWELL BISHOP STILTON) SERVED WITH RUSTIC BREAD, SALTED BUTTER, DRESSED SALAD, PICKLES & COUNTRY TOMATO CHUTNEY: £12 (V)
PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF TO SEE OUR DESSERT MENU.CLASSIC PUB MEALS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR 3 LARGE CHALKBOARDS. OUR TEAM OF CHEFS COOK MODERN BRITISH FOOD FROM SCRATCH & DURING BUSY PERIODS, THERE MAY BE A WAIT FOR FOOD. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.OUR FOOD IS SOURCED LOCALLY WHERE POSSIBLE.PLEASE MENTION ANY SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS TO A MEMBER OF STAFF, WHO WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP!